Happy New Year!
Tracking Telugu culture online. Picchaa paati.
"Hyderabad, Dec 31 : "Mass -Dammunte Kasko" tops the list of Telugu films and has turned out to be the biggest hit of Nagarjuna's 15-year career.(Source: NewKerala.com via Indo-Asian News Service/IANS)
1. "Mass": Nagarjuna's much-hyped action film has opened to a terrific response all over Andhra Pradesh. The typical mass entertainer, despite a few loopholes, has launched Lawrence as a commercial filmmaker.
2. "7G Rainbow Colony": This is one of the major hits of this season. Despite being made by the new team of actor Ravikrishna and director Selvaraghavan, the realistic love story has crossed the 50-day mark and is racing towards 100 days.
3. "Vijayendra Varma": After collections of over Rs.20 million ($457,000) on the first day, this patriotic film has lost ground, disappointing Balakrishna's fans. The clichéd second half, which contrasts strikingly with the interesting first part, must be the reason. Koti's music has proved to be the saving grace.
4. "Prema Chadarangam": The dubbed version of "Chellame" has received critical acclaim and it could pick up with big promotion. Reema's performance and glamour and Harris Jayaraja's score hold interest in this tale of an obsessed lover.
5. "Anand": Sekar's love story withstands heavy competition to rake in the moolah. By 100 days, it is expected to make over Rs.40 million, giving 300 percent profit to investors."
"Hyderabad, Dec 31 : Mani Sharma is back on top this fortnight with his soulful compositions in Telugu film, "Balu". Devisri Prasad, however, claims the lion's share of three among the top five.(Source: Newkerala.com via IANS)
1. "Balu": With the Kalyan-Karunakaran combo hitting it off again, the film's album is doing pretty well even in remote areas. Mani Sharma regains his position as a top composer. "Inthe inthite" and "Kannu kotina" are a rage among the youth. Fans are hoping the film will prove a hit like the audio.
2. "Naa Alludu": This time, Devisri Prasad teams up with NTR Junior to deliver a 1980's kind of album with the emphasis on music rather than lyrics. "Sayya Sayyare" and "Muruga Muruga" are clean winners. The album is selling like hot cakes.
3. "Nuvvu Vasthanante Ne Vadantana": Devisri Prasad, who joined the big league with M.S. Raju's "Varsham", has again given a delightful score. "Chandrullo unde kundelu" and "Gall gall" top the album. The composer breaks away from his usual stuff to come up with some good melodies.
4. "Dhana 51": The hit team of "Satyam" - comprising Sumanth, Kiran and Chakri - has dished out a peppy album. "Aravirisina mogga" and "I am in love" are quite interesting. It's a good mix of melody and fast music and Chakri comes back after a big gap.
5. "Mass": Devisri Prasad relies on beat and survives. Despite its similarities with "Shankardada", the film's good opening has helped the audio to pick up again."
"I make it a habit to not sign up more than four films per year. This is the reason why my films follow one after the other. But sometimes one of the films gets delayed. Sometimes, the films simply get dropped. That is when gaps are created," she said. "When I made my debut in the Tamil film ''Minnalae'', I had offers for five new Telugu films. One of the films was dropped later. Then, there was also a Hindi film. That was why it looked as if I was away for a long time. Presently I don’t have any Bollywood assignments. So, I intend to concentrate only on Telugu and Tamil films," she ended.IndiaDaily.com asks out loud: “But does she have any Telugu projects lately?”
1. "Balu": Superstar Pavan Kalyan teams up with ace composer Mani Sharma to come up with a soulful album. It is a good mix of melodies and foot-tapping compositions. "Kannukoti naa" and "Hut hutuja" top the charts. Whether the duo will recreate the magical success of "Kushi" remains to be seen.(Source: NewKerala.com)
2. "Mass": Devisriprasad, who lost his top position to Mani Sharma, is still doing pretty good business. "Kottu kottu" and "Indurudu" are gradually catching up while the title number is already a hit. Unlike other Nagarjuna albums, this has more of a mass-oriented score.
3. "Prema Chadrangam": Harris Jayaraj comes back with a dubbed film. Some of the numbers have caught on in a big way. "Venditherlo" and "Aryula hrudayappu" are hits.
4. "Vijayendra Varma": Days before the film's release, the audio has picked up again. It can set a new record if the film is a blockbuster. Veteran Koti bounces back with vengeance with a mass-oriented album. "Maissamma" is a rage already.
5. "Sakhiya": Mani Sharma's efforts go in vain as the film has bombed, leaving his album high and dry.